Sunday, June 26, 2016

Opposition in ALL things... Including Missionary Work. (5/23/2016)

"Opposition permits us to grow toward what our Heavenly Father would have us become."
Thank you Elder Oaks for this beautiful talk. 
Hello Everyone! [Hi mom and dad:)] 
I hope everything is going good at home in good ole Tooele/Stansbury. 
This week was really good. We were able to be trained by President Nattress and I was able to have my last interview with him... :'( 
I dont want to be trunky, but he talked with us about a lot of things as if this were really our final/departing interview. We talked about life after the mission... {I dont think I am going to extend...Mom: you can thank President for that.} and we talked about marriage and choosing an eternal companion... ya it was a pretty weird day. After interviews, which lasted all day, we went to the Chiropractor. (dont freak out, I was just getting adjusted. He said that my back probably hurt so much cause one of my legs was about an inch longer than the other...!!) Then, after that, we had dinner and a relief society activity in one of our wards. and 3 less actives showed up!! woo! 
The rest of the week was pretty normal. I do want to stress how much I love my companion and how much she has helped me through my trials. Sister Vonnie Anderson has done wonders for me and for my emotional health. I was struggling when she came to the area. I was so stressed and being a worry-wart and just it was no bueno. But she is very strong and is very solid in her faith and is just calm as can be. So she is a blessing. Truly an angel. I am so grateful for her and for her example to me. I hope to one day grow up and be like her:) 
So here's the meat of my email and why it is headed the way it is... 
We all face opposition. 
we all have the lowest of lows, and the highest of highs. 
And all of this experience, all of these things that we face, weather it be a blessing or a burden, a storm or sunshine... all of these things permit us or allow us, to become like our Heavenly Father.
For all of you who are not my immediate family that might be reading this, might know that I have been facing some mental challenges and some mental opposition. I know by prayer and by scripture study, that this is a gift from God for me to be able to reach my full potential and to become who Heavenly Father wants me to become. This is my test. I have accepted this challenge long before I was even born on this earth. 
Think of it... we lived with God before we came to earth, before we received our physical bodies. While we lived with him, we were learning and growing to prepare for our earth life. Then there came a time where we could not progress any longer. But to be able to become like God, we needed physical bodies and we needed the experiences that would come with it, no matter how hard or challenging it may be. and 2/3 of the host of heaven accepted that plan. Anyone who reads this, or who is living on this earth, who has a body, accepted that plan. The world was created, Man and Woman were created, a Savior was provided, and the mortal journey begins. I am sure we knew that it would not be easy. But we knew what was in store for us if we held out faithful, if we kept the commandments, if we again chose our Heavenly Fathers plan. 
I know it is hard. Believe me, I know. this world is going crazy. There are so many things that Satan tries to use to tempt us and lead us astray. But be stong my brothers and sisters. Hope on. Have faith. These are the latter days. The fullness of times. We will always have the gospel and the church from here on out. The Savior is coming again. I know that He lives. I know that He loves me and that He loves every one of us. I know that if we endure to the end, we will have eternal life with our Heavenly Father and with our families. I am so grateful for the Plan of Happiness, the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Redemption, whatever you want to call it. It was designed for you, and for me. It is a perfect plan. It ensures that we have a way back to our Heavenly Father. 
I know all of these things to be true. I would not know it if it werent for the restoration and the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, thank goodness for that man. In fact, Praise to the man! I know this church is true! I know that the Atonement is all powerful, all enabling, all encompassing. I know that he can heal any wound and mend any broken heart. Of these things I testify in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, amen. 
I love you all. I pray for you. I hope you enjoy your week! Count your blessings! and dont count the days, make the days count! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!! 

-Sister Anna Haymond




-Sister Anna Haymond
P-day hike

hiking

Gilbert AZ Temple

Wearing each other's dresses

e-mailing home


No comments:

Post a Comment