Saturday, February 13, 2016

9 months?? No Way!

Well... where to begin, this past Friday, I had my mid-life crisis. I would send you pictures but the computer won’t let me... 

It seems like yesterday that my family kicked me to the curb of the Provo, UT MTC. And just a short while ago that I was entering into the field, a brand new greenie, and having no clue what I was doing. (I still have no idea what I am doing.) But this I do know, that I am on the Lords errand. I am his servant, called to preach the gospel to the 4 quarters of the earth. Called to teach repentance and baptize converts. I am so grateful for this marvelous work. I know that this gospel is true. I know that Christ himself came down to do the will of the Father and that they both love us so much. God lives! He is a God of miracles! He has changed me and He can change anyone. I was like Alma the younger in the Book of Mormon- One of the "vilest of sinners" and now, because of the amazing grace of the Atonement, I am made new, and I am made whole. A mighty change has wrought in my heart that I have no more disposition to do evil but to do good continually, and for the rest of my life be a servant of the Lord. This testimony I leave in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, amen. 

This week was awesome. Paul and Roxanne are actually pushing there baptism back to the 13th so I will have 3 baptisms in a row, Emily Baker on the 6th, Paul and Roxanne on the 13th and then Shannon and Kinzee on the 20th! Yay for baptism!!! I love watching people change! It’s seriously so amazing to watch them grow and change for the better and relearn the things that they fought for in the pre-existence. 

Hmmm... What else happened...? My comp and I have so much fun together. Sister Razmataz and I are a dynamic duo ;) call her sister Razmataz that’s what Paul calls her! Ha-ha! A funny moment we had this week was that we were just going about our normal night, we returned home and we got a call from sister Taylor and Bischoff and they said that they needed us to come to the stake center to free the Zone Leaders ... They were stuck in the nursery and the lock on the door was broken and the key didn't work or anything... and so we were there for 45 min to almost an hour and we finally called someone from our ward and like 10 min after we left, they finally got them out! But we were just dying laughing because they were pretty scared and nothing was working... but it was awesome :) ha-ha! 

On the other hand, a sad moment we had is we were street contacting and stopped these 2 teenagers and one was smoking an e-cig and they seemed pretty interested so we gave them each a Book of Mormon and then we saw them later sitting at a park pavilion and we went through there after they were done and it was the saddest thing ever... The book of Mormon was ripped to shreds and part of it was burned... We cried as we picked it up and recycled it. So, lesson learned, don't hand out Book of Mormons like candy. It is sacred text and deserves to be in the right hands. But this week we handed out about maybe 30... It was cool. We talked to 155 people on the street. That’s 155 children of God that had the opportunity to accept or reject the gospel this week and most of the rejected it... 

But the work of the Lord will go forth to EVERY nation, kindred, tongue and people. 
I love you all so much! 


P-Day at Costco

Sister Haymond on splits with Sister Gina Ellsworth.  
She has a daughter serving in Atlanta right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment