Saturday, January 23, 2016

What a Week!

Ok so I am going to apologize now for not sending each of you an individual reply email this week because this week was absolutely insane and there is so much that I want to tell you about! 

First of all, Elder Holland came with Elder Robbins and it was the coolest thing that could have ever happened on my mission. Here's the rumor: Our mission was one of VERY FEW that increased their baptisms from the year 2014 to 2015 and so apparently Elder Holland REQUESTED TO COME HERE. Just out of the blue not even for a mission tour but just to talk with us and "interview us" (He shook all of our hands and called it an interview because he basically stared into my soul... Also! He knows the Tooele buffs! Fun fact...) and it was just super cool to have an Apostle of the Lord come and talk to us and give us some good advice. Something that I took away personally is to open my ears and eyes before I open my mouth. Elder Robbiins told us to basically become like Sherlock and to be observant and to find common ground with the people we are serving with so that we can know what to teach them and how to help them so that we are teaching a person and not a lesson. Another thing I learned from elder holland is to NEVER EVER GO LESS ACTIVE. Because if I do he will find me and he will see me walking down the street and will be very disappointed in me. In any of us. Because how could we be here, how could the Apostes have been with Jesus, and then go back to fishing? How could I go back to the life I was living before my mission?? I can't!!! And so he taught us to always always ALWAYS every day love our mission. And to basically be an apostle (Little "a", he's an Apostle big "A").....(The caps lock is for emphasis because he was basically yelling at us and it was the coolest thing ever:) another cool thing was that the Lord would always talk about being spiritually "born" and drinking from the living "waters" and eating "meat". And his Apostes or the person he was talking to would be like, born??? And he was like yes, born!! And they are thinking like "enter the womb again?" And he's talking about baptism  and basically the scripture that elder Holland thinks is the dumbest/stupidest thing is when in John 3:4 nicodemus says: "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter in the second time to his mothers womb?" And Jesus is all, "*face palm* except a man be born of WATER and of the SPIRIT" duh! And Elder Holland said it better but if you ever want to know what his least favorite scripture is, that's it. 

So Elder Holland was great and all. After we had that meeting, we all went out to dinner at cafe rio which I LOVE. And that was good. But also so transfers are this week and guess who is getting transferred?? MEEE. :( I AM JUST CRYING ALL DAY. But not really cause I know the Lord has a plan and I can always cone back for Shannon and Kinzees baptism which is on February 2oth if I hadn't already told you.

So last night we went to ARP with Shannon and it was a cry fest. Shannon had me crying first because she has changed SO MUCH since we met her and she is just a new woman and she said this "I too can testify, that this is the right thing and that this church is true and that the spirit is here and..." Etc. it was the COOLEST THING EVER. She already has such a strong testimony and you can see it in her eyes like a fire! She inspires me so much. All of the people in that meeting inspire me. So that was that.

We have been having this sweet sister come out with us, sister Beck, she really wants to go on a mission but because of some anxiety issues and things she basically has to prove it to her counselor that she can handle it and she expressed some concerns to us and she really has a sincere desire to change and to serve and she is the sweetest little thing and she just touches my heart and hands out books of Mormons left and right and she just inspires me to do better and to be better. Anyways... Just thought I'd tell you.(pray for her!!!!) And because it's a holiday and I am emailing from a members iPad, I cannot send pictures that I actually took this week:( I am so so sos so so so so so sorry!!!!!But I still love you and that's all that matters:). I am alive and doing well. I will let you know how transfers go next week! 
LOVE YOU TONS!
Have an incredible week! And see miracles!!!!
Love, your Sister Haymond  
Someone's sad about transfers!



No comments:

Post a Comment