Sunday, September 27, 2015

Can you believe it's been almost 5 months!

Hello there!

I hate it when I get emails that make me cry! Stop doing that! : P it’s not fun to cry and laugh at a computer screen in public! 

Oh well... I love you guys anyways...

So this week was pretty good. We had TRANSFER MEETING!!! Sister Hendrick and I are staying together in our area! We also both feel strongly that we will be here for a while longer till we get things all fixed up. We are here to do a marvelous work and a wonder. We are here to find the Elect. The ones who are prepared and ready to receive the gospel. And it’s not going to be easy, we may not see the fruits of our labors... but that's okay. Because we are still trying our hardest to do our best and the lord knows that. I know that God is a God of miracles. We saw so many miracles this past week. We got to be in the right place in the right time by following the promptings of the spirit and it’s incredible. The spirit is so real!

So quite a few things happened this week that are noteworthy. I’ll start with Wednesday, transfer day. After transfers and coming back to our area, having dinner and rushing to a FHE with a fun cute little family, we got to go to the town hall and the mayor wanted all the missionaries in the Queen Creek area to come and be recognized for our community service.  They took a picture. It should be posted on some Queen Creek Arizona news site or something... so that's cool.
Thursday, the day after we started our sugar fast/sacrifice we were able to see so many miracles just like I mentioned above. We overall taught 10 lessons that day and talked to 16 random strangers. It was solid. 

Saturday was pretty sick. we got to go do service up closer by my old area in San Tan and we were helping this lady who has big Clydesdale horses clean her little farm and shovel dirt and stuff... we got to watch the elders try to get a stump and a wooden cemented in beam out of the ground and it was quite entertaining but there were some moments where my mom instincts would kick in and I would want to tell them that that was probably not the smartest idea... but it all worked out.! The horses were absolutely beautiful. There was a 13 month old mare and she was probably 7 foot tall... that's a big baby!!! Then there was an old black horse and he was just massive... I mean the ground shook when he walked by... but super beautiful! I got to pet them so I bet you can all guess how happy that made me.

Then our Sunday was pretty good! We had a LA guy and his kids show up! His wife is a RC (recent convert) and she wasn't there and we don't know why but that was the first time I had seen him at church so it was awesome! We also had a new member fireside that RC's speak at for our mission/anyone who wants to come. They do like musical numbers and stuff too but Jennifer was asked to speak and share her testimony and her conversion and it was so incredible to see her and to listen to her story again. She has a beautiful one. But Jennifer and Clint are doing well! THEY ARE EXPECTING ANOTHER BABY! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! So much happiness!!!!

I love you guys so so much! You mean the world to me and you brighten my day whenever I think of you... keep being awesome okay??

Scriptural chapter for this week comes from Alma. Chapter 26. This really spoke to me this morning in studies. I hope you enjoy!

Also, you know you’re an Arizona missionary when everyone is freaking out because it’s supposed to rain!!! Woo hoo!!!!
 

-- 
-Sister Anna Haymond:)    
She admits she needs to work on her selfies a little!

Arizona Gilbert Temple at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment