Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Faith in our Savior (from 7/20/15)

Hola Familia! Como Estas? 
I have been practicing my Spanish with the Morales family ;) 
How is everyone?? I loved all of the pictures and the cute sign you made! It sounds like you all have a fun week! My week was pretty good too! We met with a lot of people and talked a lot about faith (Hence the subject of this email). 
Faith is the first principle of the Gospel for a reason. Faith is an action word and it moves us to repentance. Looking back at my life, I realize that I had faith without even really realizing it! And then there are those people we talk to who have no faith and say they have faith... it’s kind of weird that way. But faith is definitely something that I have been working on and I’ve been trying so hard to trust in the Lord and to believe on the things he would have me do and to trust in his plan. It’s hard! But as soon as you do it, like it says in Alma 32, that faith will begin to grow and swell. I may not be more than a seedling, but I have the potential to become a big beautiful sequoia. :) 
Yesterday at church we talked about eternal marriage and the family and about the priesthood. I am so grateful that Families can be sealed for time and all eternity through the power of the priesthood. Without the power of God here on earth, we wouldn't be an eternal family as of 16 years ago! :) I am so grateful to know that no matter what happens, we are an eternal family, and we will be with each other in the next life. People are so afraid of what happens after this life and they think death is the end! But with our knowledge of the plan of salvation, we get a special peace and comfort that comes into our lives.
SO the biggest adventure of this week was on Saturday and I don’t know if you watch the weather but it was supposed to rain for most of the weekend. In the afternoon, a Haboob finally blew in and we took shelter in our church building (we were there making copies anyways) and it was fun to sit and watch it blow by. Even though it wasn’t a super awesome one, it was still fun to take pictures with it haha! That is a comp. goal of ours is to take a picture with every Haboob we endure together! So here it is... Please enjoy my sarcastic frightened face :) 


So you can see it in the background there all the tan dirt and dust blowing up slowly rolling towards us... we aren't allowed to be in them because 1) it’s just not fun and 2) you could catch valley fever and it’s not fun either :( so we were inside that there church building and I am just grateful that I don’t have to endure hurricanes and tornadoes and tsunamis or anything crazy like that! 
We also had Zone conference this week! (Its where a bunch of missionaries in certain zones in the mission get together and we get some training from President Nattress and from the AP's and also just to brush up on things like modesty and lock your heart...) It was so cool! There were a lot of good things about it and I took so many notes! I just love our president and his wife. Without them, nothing would be happening in the field! I love being in a mission that is so tight knit and so close together so you can draw on the strength from the missionaries and especially since we get to hear from our president so much :) Arizona Gilbert Mission is really the greatest mission in the world! 
JENNIFER AND CLINT ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I am also singing at their baptism... I am singing I love to see the temple, while my comp plays the Ukulele! 

Well... That is pretty much it... I only have a couple good pictures this week, hopefully you will like them! 
I will just leave you with my testimony that I know this church is true! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that if we have faith in him and trust in him, we can’t go wrong! I know that Joseph smith was a prophet called of God and that he did restore Christ’s church in these last days. I am grateful for the healing power of the atonement and to know that our family is eternal. I love you guys so much and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
Welp, Talk to ya later! 

Adios Amigos and Amigas!
With Love, Sister Haymond:)

No comments:

Post a Comment