Sunday, October 11, 2015

General Conference was awesome!

Hello :)
My conference weekend was awesome! I feel so blessed to have been able to watch it. We watched it at one of the stake centers and it was really only us missionaries there. I also ABSOLUTELY loved Elder Hollands talk. Usually he’s powerful and bold, but this time his talk was all about the importance of Mothers and he was very gentle... I wish I would have brought my notes to the library. I seriously think I wrote a book... but he kept talking about how the love of a mother is comparable to the love of the savior. And his love is perfect and then he told the story of the dying man and how the man said that he would rather confess his sins to Christ than to his mother. I thought that was interesting. But it made me think of how grateful I am to have a mother that really does understand that infinite love. You have loved me when no one else could... when I thought I was out of the reach of even my saviors love, you were there. No matter how many mistakes I made, or mean words I said, you always loved me and I haven’t understood that until now and still haven’t really even come close to understanding it. But you bore me in all of your trials and afflictions. You carried me for 9 months, and then some more. Basically for 19 years you have carried me. You taught me in the ways of truth and righteousness and for that, I will be eternally grateful. I see all of these little children in less active families who aren’t baptized and who don’t come to church and really have no rules or structure and I think, what would my life have been like if that was me? Honestly I don’t like thinking about it because I would probably be far away from the iron rod and nowhere close to the tree of life. But you have been there. You help lead me and guide me and you walk beside me. I love you so much mom. There is no other woman who could have raised me to be who I am now, than you. Thank you.  Thank you for reminding me of who I was, who I am, and who I was to become.
The scripture I have decided to "ponderize" is Alma 31:38 that  (And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith.). Especially the part about how "The Lord provided for them..." and "...that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ." I have definitely experienced this many a time. Ha-ha! But I love your verse :) so simple. And yet so powerful! It just goes to show the gospel really is simple and plain! :) Our heavenly father loves us and we are literally his spirit children! 
Funny story: one of my bike tires got flat this week. Turns out I had rolled over a huge thorn and it punctured the tube inside so we had to go buy a new one but I got it all fixed and figured out by myself! Woo hoo! Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes Hmm... We also taught the law of chastity to a less active family and that was awesome. The mom specifically asked for it too! XD it was cool. But we are teaching a lot of members and less active families.

We still have no new investigators, but we continue to rely on the lord and on his timing and we continually qualify ourselves to find them by being more sanctified (Saturday morning seemed to be all about becoming a sanctified missionary...) and by doing those things that we have been "commanded" by our mission president. And honestly, I really am so grateful to be in this area at this time. This week I got a blessing from one of my ZL's Elder Stone. I had been feeling a little bit down, not with the work but just emotionally. And in it, he mentioned that I was here to do a specific work that no one else could do. That I really was here for a reason. That my heavenly father knows me perfectly and that I was prepared for these challenges and trials. 
I guess that is about it for this week. I really love you so much and miss you! Don’t forget to pray and make the Sabbath a delight! 


-Sister Anna Haymond

Anna's super proud of her foot tan.  That's right, our super white daughter is getting tan!

Cute Sister!

Flu shot power!

No comments:

Post a Comment