Sunday, August 16, 2015

Insanely Crazy Week!

Hello!
While your guy’s week was not very busy mine was the exact opposite! I found out on Sunday night that I was staying, and then on Tuesday night P.Natty (Pres. Nattress) called both me and Sis Seyboldt and I found out I was to be second half training (the 7-12weeks). and Sis Seyboldt was going to as well! So she got transferred to a new missionary up in Gilbert and I was left to lead out the area with... SISTER HENDRICK!!! 

​(She’s wearing the purple shirt and white skirt..) I love her! She is so fun! We work and teach so well together! We both make up what the other lacks haha! I am second half training her. Which means that she did the 1-6 weeks with someone and now I am training her from 7-12 weeks. She is from upstate New York and has moved around a lot because her dad is in the army! She has one younger brother who is leaving for the Colorado Denver mission soon and she looooves Mexican food! I guess the lord is really trying to get me to like Mexican food! haha :) I am already growing to love it. She also loves everything to do with cows! So that’s awesome! She did a semester at USU and is going into Ag! Also this is a lovely selfie of us out tracting with a rainbow! 

A huge thunder storm was blowing in and it was so fun! But yes I am glad to be in the same area. It’s a little bit hard though because I have not been in the area very long and so I am really starting to get to know the roads and the ward boundaries. But the lord has really blessed me with so much strength and so much help in being able to lead out an area.  


I love that family that sent those 2 pictures above. They are actually 2 families that were related so we got a pic with all the cute kids and people just ask if they can take it! They love doing it because they just had a missionary go out to Washington DC and they get pics of him all the time! (So they return the favor:)) ! I felt so at home and it was like when we get together with cousins it was just so much fun and they are just awesome. Their brother in law was also the elder in the Saratov approach who got kidnapped!!!!! WHAT?! So that’s cool because he lives here in Arizona!
Missions really do change you. I really have seen a huge difference in my personality already and I am still finding/learning who I am... It is shaping me into someone better that I was before! I am so grateful for the many blessings of serving the lord. This really is his work and I am grateful every day to be in the place I am and serving with the wonderful people around me.
So we also experienced a HUGE storm! Maybe it just carried over and up to you guys! But it was for sure a monsoon! But that is kind of scary that you got stuck driving in it and that the girls got rained on! 

​Y
ou might be wondering about the potatoes part of this email.... this week has seriously been the week of potatoes... everyone and their dog has fed us something with potatoes and I am always just praying that I can eat it and like it so that I don’t offend them... and it works out! So that’s awesome:) 
Leading out an area is hard... I have a hard time knowing where the roads are and what ward people are in but I recently got some maps put in the back of my planner and so that helps. It just stinks because there are like 5 different parts of one road and they will stop, but then continue in another part of the subdivision! It’s so confusing! But I love the area and the people here! We are really working on building member trust because we are both so new and we are also doing a lot of finding/ knocking doors and OYM-ing people (open your mouth). It’s awesome. I love being able to just stop people and talk to them about what we believe. Like last night we stopped a couple who were Greek orthodox and I had no idea what they believed! So we talked about it for a while and it was really cool because even though they weren’t interested in our message really, they came to respect us because we respected them for what they believed. People are awesome. Sometimes I just wish she could take away their agency for a while and make them read the book of Mormon or something! XD haha no... But seriously, being a missionary is probably the best thing I have ever done with my life and I haven’t done much... I am finding and obtaining so many talents and I am learning so much about people and my companions and about life... it’s cool. 
I know that you guys love me. I had to talk in one of our wards yesterday on eternal marriage and family. It was a little awkward because I’m a missionary and I don’t really want to think about marriage just yet... but it was cool to be able to share my testimony with the people in that ward and to be able to feel the spirit testify to them through me. I love you guys so much. I know that we will be together even after this life. sometimes my worried brain will take over and I will think about like what if something tragic happens... but then the spirit calms my heart and I am reminded that the lord has a perfect plan for us and that he loves us and wants us to be happy. So I know that no matter what happens, it will be okay.
I love you! 
You know you are a sister missionary in the Arizona mission when you freak out about the rain :)
Scripture for the week: Omni 1:26

Keep smiling! Always remember your savoir.  
MTC comp at their 3 month mark

So sleepy (I can't figure out what she's laying on)

New Companion, Sister Hendrick

Big rain storm


No comments:

Post a Comment